Saturday, August 19 8:00 pm - 4:00 pm [tenants only]
Sunday, August 20 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday, August 21 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
All exhibits must be set up by 6:00 pm on Monday, August 21st. No construction, arranging, or setting up of exhibits, including deliveries or moving of products, are permitted during show hours.
- If you are unsure if your display requires labor, submit the Customization of Booth Request Form and our Operations Team will gladly respond.
- Please note that display materials must adhere to Chicago Fire Department Rules and Regulations.
- Exhibitors may hand-carry small items, but we ask that they refrain from using handcarts, flatbeds, or dollies. Our Material Handling Staff is on hand to facilitate such moves.
Thursday, August 24 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday, August 25 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
MMPI will return your empty containers as soon as possible; however, it may take several hours for all empty containers to be returned. MMPI will handle the standard refurbishing of booth walls. Excessive damage to wall panels will be the responsibility of the individual exhibitors.
CONTRACTOR AND LABOR INFORMATION
You have the option of employing your own union labor to assist with the installation of your booth. If you choose to use the services of an outside contractor, also referred to as an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC), we ask that you return the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor Form.
- Exhibitors who wish to employ EACs should make known to them the following guidelines:
- The EAC shall be given the right to provide services requested of them by an exhibitor in set-up and dismantling on the show floor, and shall have the right to utilize qualified employees registered in advance.
- Services shall not conflict with labor regulations or contracts including jurisdictions claimed by local labor unions. The EAC shall adhere to the rules and regulations in this manual.
- The EAC shall possess a valid public liability and property damage insurance policy for at least $2,000,000. The certificate of insurance must name Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc., Merchandise Mart L.L.C., Vornado Realty Trust and Vornado Realty L.P. as additional insured.
- The EAC shall have a true and valid work order from an exhibitor in advance of the show move-in date and shall not solicit business on the show floor or during move-in or move-out dates.
- The EAC will share with MMPI all reasonable costs related to their operation including overtime pay for stewards, restoration of the exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- The EAC shall cooperate fully with MMPI, especially with regard to the efficient utilization of labor.
- Any labor personnel working in your booth must be one of the following:
- Your own company personnel (depending on the type of work being done, union labor may be required). See Union Regulations for additional information.
- Exhibitor appointed contractor. EACs must comply with guidelines regarding EACs. See Exhibitor Appointed Contractors for additional information.
- To request MMPI Union Labor, please refer to the Installation/Dismantle Labor Request Form. Additional guidelines regarding Labor should be reviewed on this form.
- All orders for dismantling labor must be confirmed no later than 10:00 am on Friday, August 4th.
- Various unions claim jurisdiction over all set-up and dismantling of exhibits including carpentry, electrical and material handling to name a few. Your personnel may work along with a union installer, if one is necessary.
- Please call Megan Davidson at (312) 527-7514 or email@example.com for questions regarding union regulations.