SHIPPING & FREIGHT DELIVERY
SHIPPING WINDOW FOR FEDEX/UPS/SMALL PACKAGE SERVICES:
Packages will be accepted
FRIDAY, AUGUST 18
SATURDAY, AUGUST 19
MONDAY AUGUST 21
UPS AND FEDEX DO NOT DELIVER ON SUNDAYS.
We urge you to have your packages delivered on friday, august 18th ensure monday morning delivery to your booth.
PackageS delivered before friday, august 18, will incur an storage fee of $55/100lbs.
Deliveries from both FedEx and UPS to the Mart (including priority shipments) tend to be random during high shipping periods prior to the show. FedEx and UPS deliveries received after Friday, August 18th, will be delivered to your booth as they are received and signed for. However, since FedEx and UPS deliveries to the Mart are inconsistent, please be advised that even priority shipments to your booth may be significantly delayed.
We urge you to take advantage of the priority FedEx/UPS Thursday shipping program to ensure Monday morning delivery to your booth.
SHIPPING ADDRESS AND GUIDELINES
DIRECT SHIPPING TO DOCK ADDRESS
(Your Company Name)
(Your Booth Number – 7th Floor)
c/o Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc.
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, IL 60654
- Consolidate all freight—booth, merchandise, literature, etc.—into one shipment.
- Clearly label all packages with show name, company name, and booth number. Remove all old labels.
- All freight must be no larger than 5’ wide x 10’ long x 5’8” high and weigh less than 2,000 pounds. Any freight that exceeds these measurements and MMPI does feel safe to turn on its side will be charged a handling fee of $50 per item, per trip. MMPI is not responsible for damage or loss to product during turning. Any items too large to move will be held at the loading dock for unpacking. An hourly surcharge will be applied and your booth set-up will be delayed.
- Create a detailed inventory sheet of every item you are shipping or bringing to the show. Be able to provide the number of units, item descriptions (i.e. cartons, cases, crates, and/or individual items), and weight for all shipments being delivered to the Show.
- All shipments should include piece count to ensure proper tracking, manifesting, and delivery of freight.
- Insure your merchandise against theft, damage, and loss from the time it leaves your facility until it returns.
- A handling charge of $55.00 per 100lbs is applied to shipments that arrive outside the designated shipping schedules OR to shipments that exceed the freight size limitations or arrive loose and uncrated.
UPS/FED EX/SMALL PACKAGE SERVICES
All packages will be received through the loading dock. Please note that piece counts cannot be guaranteed for such shipments. Where possible, exhibitors may avoid delays and extra charges by having express deliveries shipped to their hotel. Any packages received outside of the designated shipping schedule will be billed at a rate of $55.00 per 100lbs.
FREIGHT MOVE-IN & Delivery hours
Direct Deliveries to Dock:
Friday, August 18 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (Fed Ex and UPS Only)
Saturday, August 19 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday, August 21 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
FREIGHT MOVE-OUT hours
Personally Owned Vehicles (POV’s) Only:
Thursday, August 24 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
ALL POVS MUST BE MOVED OUT ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 24TH.
* The loading of Personally Owned Vehicles, POV’s will begin upon completion of the return of empties.
Common Carrier Pick-Up:
Friday, August 25 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Carriers must be checked in by Noon
You may ship your materials from the show via any carrier. You are required only to contact your carrier, pack your materials, and file a Bill of Lading with the freight desk. Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. assumes no responsibility for shipments until they are collected from the exhibitor’s booth. A representative of the exhibitor should remain with their property until this has been done.
Material handling involves receiving freight during move-in, delivering it to your booth, removing empty containers and returning them after the show, and loading materials for outbound shipping. This service is also known as drayage and is included in your booth package.
Airways Freight Systems is the preferred shipper of STYLEMAX™. However, each exhibitor is free to choose their own means of shipping.
R.E. Rogers is the official customs broker and international freight forwarder for STYLEMAX™.
DIRECTIONS TO THE MERCHANDISE MART LOADING DOCK
- Directions to The Merchandise Mart Loading Dock (Common Carrier/Large Trucks): From I-90/94, exit on Ohio Street. At the first light, turn right onto Orleans. Proceed for 3 blocks and turn right onto Hubbard. Proceed for 1 block and turn left onto Kingsbury. Continue for 1 block and turn left onto Kinzie. Continue on Kinzie for 1 block until you reach a stop sign. Turn right into the dock.
- Directions to The Merchandise Mart Loading Dock (Cars and Small Trucks): From I-90/94, exit on Ohio Street. At second light, turn right onto Franklin. Continue four blocks south on Franklin to Kinzie. Turn right onto Kinzie. At the first stop sign, turn left into the dock.
Helpful Hints for Shipping
- Utilize the advance shipping days.
- Make sure your shipper is aware of the freight delivery and pick-up schedule.
- When preparing to ship for STYLEMAX, be conscious of the freight size limitations. Freight cannot exceed 5' wide x 10' long x 5'8" high or weigh over 2,000 lbs.
- Remember to include your Company name & Booth # on all shipments to the Merchandise Mart.